Wikipedia - Romania is a country located at the intersection of Central and South-eastern Europe,bordering on the Black Sea. Romania joined NATO on 29 March 2004, the European Union on 1 January 2007 and is also a member of the Latin Union; the Francophonie; the OSCE; the WTO; the BSEC; and the United Nations. Today, Romania is a unitary semi-presidential republic, in which the executive branch consists of the President and the Government.
CLICK ON THE PICTURES BELOW TO DISCOVER SOME OF THE BEST THINGS TO SEE AND DO IN ROMANIA
Top Five Crazy Romanian Facts
1. Pink toilet paper is a favorite in most hotels; they also like green and orange toilet paper as well.
2. Vlad the Impaler’s head was detached from his body when he was killed and his body was buried outside of Bucharest. They lost the head and it is still missing in action. When they opened his tomb a few years back his body was also missing.
3. The doors in many of the hotel rooms have old locks that are difficult to open requiring you to spin the key around a number of times and say some magical words before they open. That is common for locks in many of the countries in this region.
4. Almost everyone smokes in Romania. Smoking is permitted pretty much everywhere.
5. When the Communist government fell, the level of garbage in the country seemed too rise. Many people are of the opinion that people are hired to clean up the garbage so why not throw it wherever you want.